Noted digital marketing industry experts again fill the roster for the Louisville Digital Association’s annual Digital Media Summit, the organization’s annual fund-raising conference to be held October 16 at Bellarmine University. The event, presented by Brown-Forman and the Bellarmine University School of Communication, will feature authors and experts Kyle Lacy, Tim Hayden, Tom Webster, Julia Roy and UofL’s Dr. Karen Freberg, among others. A “notable” keynote speaker will headline the event, but will be announced in the coming weeks.
The event will run from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at Frazier Hall on the Bellarmine Campus. Breakfast and lunch are included in the ticket price.
Business professionals, marketers, advertising and public relations executives, entrepreneurs and startup enthusiasts alike should reserve their spot early. (The ticket form is below.) Registration for members of the Louisville Digital Association and related partner organizations like the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), is $129 and includes breakfast and lunch, plus the full day featuring nine digital marketing expert speakers. For non-members, the rate is $179. Student registration, with proof of enrollment, is just $49. There is no early-bird registration this year, but registration is limited and will close Oct. 10. Reserve your seat now.
“Once again, the Louisville Digital Association has been able to bring an incredible lineup of industry experts to town to help marketers, entrepreneurs, business people and more further understand and leverage the online world to drive their business,” said LDA co-founder and board member Jason Falls. “These are speakers all of us on the board would pay to see. That’s one of the top criteria for bringing them here so our audience in Louisville can do just that.”
The speaker lineup includes:
- Kyle Lacy, senior manager of content marketing and research for the Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud and author of three industry books, including Branding Yourself with fellow speaker Erik Deckers. Kyle will dive into current trends and expectations for the digital marketing space.
- Julia Roy, founder of Workhacks and productivity expert who burst onto the Internet scene as one of the first true “personal brand” celebrities. She will cap off the day with innovative and useful productivity tips for every business and professional.
- Tom Webster, Vice-President for Strategy at Edison Research, one of the leading consumer research firms globally, and co-author of The Mobile Commerce Revolution with …
- Tim Hayden, principal of THH Strategy and former North American lead for mobile marketing for Edelman and, with Webster, co-author of The Mobile Commerce Revolution. The two will present their findings and conclusions from their new book, which publishes the week of the event!
- Dr. Karen Freberg, Assistant Professor of Communications at the University of Louisville and noted academician studying the application and effects of social media and digital marketing related to public relations and crisis communications. Her talk will focus on how to choose and leverage the right channels during a crisis.
- Erik Deckers, president of Pro Blog Service, co-author of The Owned Media Doctrine, No Bullshit Social Media (with LDA’s own Jason Falls) and Branding Yourself (with fellow speaker Kyle Lacy). Deckers will provide content marketing expertise focused on the practice of writing and writing well.
- Jason Brown, founder of SERPWoo and digital marketing data expert who will explore the science and data driven approach to social advertising.
- And a surprise keynote speaker to be announced in the coming weeks!
The event is hosted Falls, a noted industry expert and pundit who has led or worked with brands like Cafepress, Jim Beam, Trident, Humana, AT&T, Bacardi, Maker’s Mark and more. Falls is the co-author of two books on digital marketing topics, the aforementioned No Bullshit Social Media with Deckers, and The Rebel’s Guide to Email Marketing with DJ Waldow.
This year’s event sponsors include the presenting sponsors, Brown-Forman and the Bellarmine University School of Communication, along with the Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud, Leap and Sparkcentral along with Social Strata among others.
Thanks to our sponsors:
“Each year, our attendees say things like, ‘This was the best conference I’ve attended,’ or ‘I learned more today than I could have hoped for,” said Campbell Boyer, LDA president. “We’re hoping the word is continuing to spread that the LDA Digital Media Summit every year is the must-attend conference in the region for this type of learning. Not only do the attendees get incredible access and education from top-tier experts in the industry, but they help fund the Louisville Digital Association’s programming and activities for the year by doing so. It’s better than a donation. You get something in return worth every penny.”
The Louisville Digital Association Integrated Communications Summit is now in its sixth year. The profits from the event go to help fund the organization, a non-profit, professional organization based in Louisville.
The Louisville Digital Association, originally founded as Social Media Club Louisville furthers the digital future of Louisville, Ky., and the Commonwealth of Kentucky by facilitating conversations, learning and advocacy for those invested in the business of technology. The LDA brings together the perspectives of engineering and development, design and user-experience, sales and marketing, business and leadership from the Fortune 500 to entrepreneurs to start-ups. It facilitates ongoing dialog to engage and grow all involved, especially those with a connection to the area.