LDA helps guide your Crowdfunding search Dec. 12th at iHub
Between Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and the CrowdFunding part of the Jobs Act, crowdfunding is all the rage. But information is hard to sort through and experts are few and far away. LDA is riding to the rescue with a series of events to get you up to speed about how to succeed in this new world.
Join us on Dec 12th, from 5:30 -8 pm (EST) at the iHub (204 South Floyd Street, Louisville, KY – 40202). The event is free, pizza and soft drinks are provided. There is a limited number of seats, but plenty of parking!
We kick off with 15 minutes by national expert and Cincy native, Candace Klein of Bad Girls Ventures and SoMoLend. And then we will hear from local entrepreneurs – Michelle Jones (Menu and Hours), Maggie Huber (This is Louisville), and Jon Huffman and Barbara Cullen (Armoured Car Theatre) about how they successfully raised start up funds on Kickstarter.
Questions we will answer:
- How much prep did you do?
- Where did your funders come from?
- How did they find you?
- Topic investors?
- Best resources you found?
- Raising money again?
- Willing to help?
After this panel LDA and partners will be following-up with:
1) JFCS Navigate Enterprise Center classes in –
- The offer/pitch
- Social Media prep
- Promoting after launch
- What sells a project — putting in the Bells & Whistle
2) A list of crowdfunding resources, and
3) A Forge co-sponsored event in January 2013- that will focus on the new rules of investing crowdfunding. We will draw in experts and platforms that will help Louisville area entrepreneurs fully (and legally) embrace this new tool!
As always thanks to Insider Louisville for being our media sponsor.